“Marines in Flight”
Entries are no longer being accepted for the 2019 contest. Updated guidelines will be published in January, 2020. We will begin accepting entries on January 31, 2020 for the next contest.
Who is Eligible:
All students in grades 6-12 in San Diego County plus all military dependents in grades 6-12 who reside in the Southwest District.
Awards will be made in two categories: Grades 6-8 and Grades 9-12.
Cash Prizes in each of the two categories:
First Place $300
Second Place $200
Third Place $100
Marine Aircraft currently in use or historical aircraft from 1913 to the present. Aircraft should be shown “in flight.”
2019 Winners Announced - See Winning Entries
- One Entry per student.
- Artwork can be any paper medium or canvas board (colored pencil, pastels, water colors, acrylics or oils.)
- All artwork must be submitted in an 11 x14 format.
- Paint must be dry and artwork must be fixed to avoid smudging.
- Artist’s contact information and a title and description of the work must be attached to each entry. All artwork must include a legal disclaimer signed by guardian.
- Complete list of rules and requirements are contained in the packet containing the entry form and legal disclaimer.
Deadline: June 7, 2019 at 3:00 p.m.
Artwork can be hand delivered (during regular business hours) or sent by UPS or Fed Ex to:
Flying Leatherneck Aviation Museum, 4203 Anderson Ave, San Diego, CA 92145-0316
If using USPS, mail to:
Flying Leatherneck Aviation Museum, PO Box 45316, San Diego, CA 92145-0316.
How Artwork will be Evaluated:
A committee of retired Marines representing the Flying Leatherneck Historical Foundation and the Flying Leatherneck Aviation Museum will complete the initial assessment of the artwork. A committee of professional artists will rank the finalists based on knowledge of the theme, creativity and originality.
The Flying Leatherneck Aviation Museum and the Flying Leatherneck Historical Foundation are not responsible for lost or damaged artwork.
Questions and Information:
Please call us at 858-693-1723 or send an email to FLHF@flyingleathernecks.org