“Marines in Flight”
Who is Eligible:
All students in grades 6-12 in San Diego County and the Southwest District.
Awards will be made in two categories: Grades 6-8 and Grades 9-12.
Cash Prizes in each of the two categories:
First Place $300
Second Place $200
Third Place $100
All Entries will be entered into a drawing to win an iPad Pro!
Marine Aircraft currently in use or historical aircraft from 1913 to the present. Aircraft should be shown “in flight.”
- One Entry per student.
- Artwork can be any paper medium or canvas board (colored pencil, pastels, water colors, acrylics or oils.)
- All artwork must be submitted in an 11 x14 format.
- Paint must be dry and artwork must be fixed to avoid smudging.
- Artist’s contact information and a title and description of the work must be attached to each entry. All artwork must include a legal disclaimer signed by guardian.
- Complete list of rules and requirements are contained in the packet containing the entry form and legal disclaimer.
Deadline: June 7, 2019 at 3:00 p.m.
Artwork can be hand delivered (during regular business hours) or sent by UPS or Fed Ex to:
Flying Leatherneck Aviation Museum, 4203 Anderson Ave, San Diego, CA 92145-0316
If using USPS, mail to:
Flying Leatherneck Aviation Museum, PO Box 45316, San Diego, CA 92145-0316.
The Flying Leatherneck Aviation Museum and the Flying Leatherneck Historical Foundation are not responsible for lost or damaged artwork.
Questions and Information:
Please call us at 858-693-1723 or send an email to FLHF@flyingleathernecks.org