Join a dedicated, conscientious and diverse team from all walks of life. The time, energy, knowledge and enthusiasm of our volunteers are the primary reason that our visitors have an enjoyable and inspiring visit.
Virtual volunteer opportunities are available.
We seek volunteers in these areas:
- DOCENT – No prior experience is required. We will train you and pair you with an experienced docent until you are comfortable with your skills. Age 16+ and we provide acknowledgment letters for Community Service for school, or other institutions. Virtual classroom visit opportunities are available.
- MUSEUM STORE – No prior experience is required; however, prefer volunteers with prior retail experience. Basic computer skill is a must. (Age 18+ only)
- RESTORATION – We restore our historic aircraft to museum quality. This is a labor-intensive task. Because the aircraft in the museum inventory cannot be replaced, a familiarity with the restoration process is highly desirable.
- SPECIAL EVENTS – Occasionally, we need help to prepare mailings, perform office /administrative services, join committees, assist with scholarship interviews, etc.
- ADMINISTRATION – Volunteers willing to write stories, press releases and content for social media and the website are sought.
- PROGRAM DEVELOPMENT AND SUPPORT – Teachers have helped developed lesson plans and students as well as professionals with an interest in videography have produced films for our audiences. Volunteers willing to share special skills and interests are most welcome.
Join Us as a Volunteer!
For information about becoming a volunteer contact:
Inquire about volunteering online by filling in and submitting the form below.