2021-2022 Essay Contest Winners Announced
The Board of Directors and staffs of the Flying Leatherneck Historical Foundation and the Character Education Resource Center of the University of San Diego are pleased to announce the winners of the 2021-2022 “Honor, Courage and Commitment” Essay Contest.
- FIRST PLACE: Sena Harris, Grade 8, Woodland Park Middle School, San Marcos. Submitted by Teacher, Laura Whitney.
- SECOND PLACE: Coral Popa, Grade 8, Twin Peaks Middle School, Poway. Submitted by Science Teacher, Leslie Fisher.
- THIRD PLACE: McKenna Kinnerup, Grade 7, Marshall Middle School, San Diego. Submitted by Teacher, Pilar Martinez.
- FIRST PLACE: Alessandra Alluin, Grade 10, Mission Bay High School, San Diego. Submitted by Head Counselor, Caroline Karoczkai.
- SECOND PLACE: Jocelyn Jacobo, Grade 12, San Ysidro High School, San Diego. Submitted by AVID Coordinator, Marko Gutierrez.
- THIRD PLACE: Cristopher Gutierrez, Grade 12, San Ysidro High School, San Diego. Submitted by AVID Coordinator, Marko Gutierrez.
The Flying Leatherneck Historical Foundation gratefully acknowledges the financial support of its education program provided by San Diego Gas and Electric (SDG&E) through its “Inspiring Future Leaders” initiative and the late Major Glenn Ferguson.